Monday, October 6, 2014

LehrerDance!


I promised to write about cooking dinner but I’ve got to write about something else before. And it’s not like my posts are in chronological order –  it took me considerably less than 2 weeks to learn how to operate the washing machine (in case you wondered :-)

Ann from the Global Programs office (see post 1) and Dr. Mimi Steadman, Associate Vice President at Daemen, took me to see the performance by LehrerDance last Saturday night.  LehrerDance is a simply fantastic modern dance company based in Buffalo.  Ann took me first to eat at a Chinese & Vietnamese restaurant – Red Pepper -- with her daughter. Very popular and full of people early Saturday night!

The performance took place at the Center for the Arts of the University of Buffalo, North Campus. The auditorium is huge, as is UB itself.  It’s the largest public university in New York and New England.










The performance was simply fabulous, filled with the sheer exuberance and joy of movement, and whoever said that performing arts have to be deadly serious? One number at least (‘SuperZeroes”) was in my view physical dance theater / comedy at its best. Wow. I just wish somebody would invite them to Finland.
















No comments:

Post a Comment